"We throw a ramp right here, we set one up over there, we put some bleachers in the back here, then we charge people a bunch of money to watch someone jump the tuna."
|#TheKillerTunaJump: #Freddie #Jade #Robbie|
|Season 1, Episode 23|
|Airdate||January 18, 2014|
|Written by|| Dan Schneider |
|Directed by||Adam Weissman|
#TheKillerTunaJump: #Freddie #Jade #Robbie is the 23rd episode of the first season of Sam & Cat. It aired on January 18, 2014.
Sam is making a sauce better than all sauces by mixing a bunch of sauces. Cat tries it and then spits it all over Sam's shirt. Dice runs in and says that he was recently playing poker with BJ Malloy, Randy, a spear fisherman named Brody, Tandy, and some other guy. Brody bet Dice all the tuna. Dice believes that he was talking about money and wins the bet. However, it turns out that Brody really meant Kansas Razorback Tuna, not money. He can't sell them because they taste terrible when cooked. Sam goes to get another shirt and then, Cat's friend from Hollywood Arts, Jade West, arrives to work on their school project. Cat keeps her out. Dice asks why. Cat says that it was because Sam and Jade's personalities were similar and if they ever met, they would kill each other. Sam comes back with another shirt just as Jade comes back in. Sam and Jade say hi to each other, causing Cat to pass out. When she wakes up, she hears violent noises and voices. She thinks Sam and Jade are beating each other up but they're actually playing a video game involving bats. Sam and Jade are really hitting it off. Sam, Jade, and Cat go to Fisherman's Wharf, where Dice is keeping his tuna. Sam plans to jump the tuna. Cat doesn't want Sam to do this. Sam and Jade go to get some food at Lettuce Eat Lunch.
Sam and Jade's friendship continues, but Cat feels left out. Cat tries to make them jealous by hanging out with Dice and Nona. Predictably, this doesn't work. Nona says that where she came from, if someone's friend got stolen, they would steal a friend of theirs. This gives Cat an idea. While Sam takes a shower, Cat steals Sam's phone and calls Sam's friend and ex-boyfriend, Freddie Benson. Cat says that Sam got run over by a sports utility vehicle and now had fractured bones, bleeding gums, and broken buttocks. Freddie, who was at his apartment in Seattle, quickly goes to L.A. The next day, he arrives at their apartment. Cat flirts with Freddie and then starts hanging out with him. They eat lunch at Bots and Sam and Jade, who are also at Bots, sees them. Cat tries to make Sam jealous now that Sam saw Freddie and Cat then brings Freddie somewhere else. Sam is angry with Cat, so Jade shows Sam a picture of her friend, Robbie Shapiro. All Sam has to do to get even with Cat is to start hanging out with Robbie. Later, Freddie and Cat walk in on Robbie singing a song he wrote called "I Think You're Swell" to Sam. Cat stops him. She is furious because Robbie had dedicated that song to her and performed it to her over a year ago. Sam and Cat argue about stealing each other's friends and finally, Cat says that she can jump the tuna if she wants and Cat doesn't care what happens to her.
On the night where Sam is scheduled to jump the tuna at Fisherman's Wharf, Sam looks for her gloves. Cat shoves Sam in the closet and locks the door. Cat tries to save Sam's life by taking the motorcycle Dice got for Sam and going to Fisherman's Wharf. There, Cat pretends to be Sam. Meanwhile, Freddie and Robbie go to watch the jump in a crane above the tuna tank. Sam slams her way out of the closet and tries to save Cat's life by stopping her. She gets on her old motorcycle and rides to Fisherman's Wharf just as Cat is about to jump the tuna. Cat rides toward the tank but falls. Freddie and Robbie, who are in the crane, fall into the tank. Sam sees Freddie in the tank and jumps in. She saves his life, but leaves Robbie in there. Cat tries to save Robbie but she runs into the tank. Freddie and Robbie are severely injured. Sam suggests to Freddie that they go out to dinner after he heals and Freddie agrees. Robbie asks Cat if they can go out together and Cat agrees. Robbie then starts singing "I Think You're Swell" again, but Freddie, muffled by his bandages, yells and calls the nurse.
- St. Schneider Hospital is a reference to Dan Schneider.
- The episode is a reference to a Happy Days episode when Fonzie jumps over the shark.
- The man providing the drum roll is in a Ringo Starr Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band costume.
- Kansas Razorbacks might be based off the Arkansas Razorbacks.
- When Robbie says on the platform that he's like "the king of the world", it's a reference to Titanic.
Character revelations Edit
- Sam tries to keep a sandwich in her pocket at all times.
- Sam admits Freddie is the only guy she ever really loved, although she claims she was exaggerating.
- Sam says to Cat "What kind of friend are you, bringing Freddie down here and flirting with him when youknow he's the only guy I ever loved", which indicates that Sam and Cat have discussed Freddie and Sam's feelings for him before.
- Jade reveals to Sam that Cat has had a crush on Robbie for a long time, and Cat admits that Robbie is her "kind-of boyfriend."
- Cat thinks that Sam is the scariest girl she has ever met and that Jade is the second scariest.
- It is revealed that at some point Sam told Cat that she doesn't like her pizza cut in rectangles. When Cat cuts the pizza in rectangles, Sam yells at her saying that she knows Sam doesn't like it cut that way.
- Tandy knows how to play poker.
- Cat appears to be able to speak Spanish.
- Dice has an assistant.
- Additionally, Dice also has a lawyer.
- Sam always showers on the 1st of the month.
- It is revealed that the Bots manager doesn't let them play poker after closing time.
- Sam has a lot of restaurants in her contact list.
- Cat hates horror movies and spiders.
- Cat thought Sam and Jade would hate each other.
- When Robbie falls off the couch, the guitar is about to land completely on a green mat. Then, after Freddie says "My life really is awkward," only the top of the guitar is on the mat. Then when Sam gets off the couch more of the guitar is on the mat. Then, when Robbie goes, "You deserve this!", the guitar is at an angle instead of straight.
- Freddie states he's never said "buttocks" in front of a girl before but in the iCarly episode "iMight Switch Schools", he said buttocks in Sam's presence.
- He possibly doesn't count it since he was impersonating Spencer.
- In the hospital, Freddie looks more injured than Robbie, but Robbie was in the tank longer than Freddie.
- Robbie's legs and right arm were broken even though the only thing that happened was the fish bit him.
- Dice said the tuna eat humans but the tuna only bit Robbie and Freddie instead of eating them.
- Jade said she was going to drive the motorcycle the second time but when she got on the motorcycle she was in the back.
- Althrough they most likely joked when they said that.
- When Sam grabbed the tuna from the tank you could here a robotic noise from the tuna, like its mechanic.
- Cat speaks Spanish in this episode, while in #MyPoober, she doesn't understand what Sam says in Spanish.
- Since the scene where Cat doesn't understand Spanish was a bonus scene, it may be judged non-canon.
- Outside of the hospital it says St. Schneider's Hospital but on the door there is a sign that says Peter Sinai Hospital, which is the hospital who was in #MadAboutShoe.
- In "The Wood", Jade states to hate tuna fish, but it's not mentioned in the episode, despite being one of the main focus. She was also enthusiastic about seeing them at the wharf.
- Before the transition showing Sam and her stunt motorcycle four times with differents colors, we can see a clip from #GoomerSitting of Sam, Dice and Goomer before a transition of the same type in this episode happens. In fact, right after the scene shown as a pic, there is a transition showing Goomer getting milk on the face four times with different colors.
Running gags Edit
- People asking if Cat forgot to take her special vitamins.
- Dice having cool hair is referred to.
- A man who works at Fisherman's Wharf replies by yelling across the area.
- Freddie not being able to say "buttocks" in front of a girl but ends up saying it in front of all three girls, if counting the time when he said it at his mom in Jade's presence.
- Brody remaining than he's a spear fisherman.
- People asking if they missed anything.
- Freddie being asked/told that he skipped 1.